Acknowledging Youths CIC is a “youth-led organisation” focused on delivering high-quality training courses, and providing support with internships and work experience for young people who want to succeed in the world of work. We know about the challenges facing young people in the modern job market, and we know how to make the most of their strengths to overcome them.
The Bid Writer will secure and maintain income to an agreed per annum target through trusts, grants, tenders and other potential income sources. This role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, talented and proactive individual to take ownership and shape the growth of AY’s income generation. We are looking for an experienced candidate who has significant experience in trust fundraising, writing compelling funding bids and strong relationship building skills.
Chief Executive Officer.
Main duties & responsibilities
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer to actively seek out and identify new sources of income that will support AY’s key objectives ;
- Develop and deliver an approved fundraising plan, including preparing, submitting and following up applications to appropriate funders ;
- Have specialised knowledge and offer strategic advice with regards to current trends and opportunities in funding. This should include knowledge of national and local policies affecting the arts, education and third sector ;
- Create dynamic content for funding applications ensuring criteria are met and budgets are realistic ;
- Support the board and Chief Executive Officer in developing and sustaining positive relationships with funders ;
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to evaluate progress and continue to develop the fundraising plan according to this evaluation.
This role will also involve taking responsibility for the strategic and operational direction of the office, ensuring that we continue to develop business.
Type of contract Permanent, part-time.
Hours of work
20 hours per week: Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 09.00 to 17.00 (although may be required to work additional hours to complete your daily duties from time to time).
Salary and benefits
£ 50 per hour.
- Reimbursement of travelling expenses (public transportation/fuel expenses) ;
- Professional mobile phone ;
- Annual training programme.
Knowledge, training, skills and qualifications required
- Minimum of 2 years successful fundraising with trusts and foundations in the arts, youth, education, NEETs and/or third sector ;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to develop and design programmes ;
- Highly skilled at budget analysis, creation and design ;
- Highly developed communication and written skills ;
- Excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Internet and databases ;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines ;
- Ability to maintain excellent administration skills ;
- A commitment to the community and voluntary sector ;
- A skilled team player.
London. Our offices are disable friendly premises.