AY Recruitment was setup by founder of Acknowledging Youths CIC, a not-for-profit social enterprise dedicated to disadvantaged young people and adults giving them the opportunity to make real changes to their lives. Our goal is to help unemployed people to succeed in the working society giving them access to unique and exclusive opportunities, volunteering, work experience, internships and job opportunities.
The recruitment consultant will be responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. You will be responsible for the monitoring and improvement of the recruitment process in the organisation. The specialist evaluates different recruitment channels and sources and their performance for particular job positions.
Chief Executive Officer
None to begin with but opportunity to grow a team around you in the event that you grow your desk to a suitable level.
- Responsible for generating income for the business ;
- Responsible to clients and candidates ;
- Responsible for performing to consistently high standards and achieving KPIs and targets set by the business ;
- Responsible for day-to-day decision making for your desk.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Taking vacancies from employers ;
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with clients and identifying opportunities for further business and to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements ;
- "Cold calling" companies to generate new business ;
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of job boards (websites, social medias…) ;
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client;
- Identifies difficult job vacancies and investigates the best recruitment approach for them ;
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy ;
- Analyses the performance of other recruitment and recommends changes and improvements
- Keeps the documentation of the recruitment process up to date.
Type of contract: Permanent, part-time.
Hours of work:
20 hours per week: Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 09.00 to 17.00 (although may be required to work additional hours to complete your daily duties from time to time).
Salary and benefits
£ 6.50 - £ 8 per hour (depending of experience) + commissions (as set out in our Commission Policy).
- Reimbursement of travelling expenses (public transportation/fuel expenses) ;
- Professional mobile phone ;
- Annual training programme.
Opportunity to recruit and lead a recruitment team and to grow the company brand.
Knowledge, training, skills and qualifications required:
- Previous experience of running both temporary worker and permanent staff recruitment desks
- Knowledge of the recruitment sector ;
- Recruitment and job interviewing skills ;
- Confident and assertive personality ;
- Open and approachable manner ;
- Highly driven and self-motivated ;
- Able to work with little or no supervision whilst maintaining a consistently high standard of work ;
- Strong sales ability with a proven track record of achieving recruitment targets ;
- Must be highly organised with sound administration skills ;
- Good overall knowledge of legislation affecting an everyday recruitment environment desirable.
London. Our offices are disable friendly premises.