Purpose of the job: To provide support to branches and area staff on financial matters.
To record accurately your group’s financial activity. To keep both your group and national office informed of your group’s financial position in a timely manner. To provide guidance to the group on internal control and financial procedures.
· Ensure that all financial transactions are handled safely and accurate records are kept
· If required, maintain a local bank account(s) in the charity’s name, making sure that all income is banked upon receipt into your group’s accounts
· Record all assets of your group, making sure arrangements exist for their safekeeping
· Complete and return Annual Financial Return forms in line with the requirements set by the Finance team
· Report to and advise your group on its financial position. This is good governance and will help the group make informed decisions
· Advise your group on financial policies, internal control and appropriate use of funds.
· Make sure all volunteer expenses claims are paid in line with the charity’s Volunteer Expenses Policy
· Make sure there is a smooth handover to the next treasurer of all documents and money attend all meetings of the committee, as far as is practicable
· Make sure financial decisions are agreed by the committee in a minuted committee meeting
· Prepare an up-to-date financial report for each committee meeting, ensuring this is signed and checked by another committee member
· Present your submitted Annual Financial Return at the annual general meeting
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
There is no requirement to have any previous financial or accounting experience, although you will find the role easier if you have previous cashbook and spreadsheet experience.
- You may find it helpful to use a computer if you have access to one, because our electronic cashbook template (available on the Treasurer’s resources webpage) will make your role easier. But this is not mandatory.
- Any person applying for this role must have had previous bookkeeping experience or be studying towards an AAT, ACCA or ICMA.
They must also be accurate at data input on a computer.
• Able to supervise others
• Be a team player
• Be dependable and truthful
• Be motivated and dedicated
• Be able to make capable and effective decisions
- Be able to prioritize, and manage tasks
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Aptitude for working with computers, compiling data and reports
• Strong organisation skills
• Have focus and resilience
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org