To administer and contribute to the development of the organisation’s external communications activities, including social media and web content and assist the Senior Management and Development Team to generate funding from Government, companies and individuals.
- Conduct research on potential funding opportunities.
- Organise and help with traditional fundraising activities such as sponsored or promotional events, raffles, and business-to-business and street collections.
- Recruit and coordinate the work of volunteers during organised events.
- Approach individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations.
- Develop new fundraising ideas and events.
- Work with mass media to promote events.
- Recruit volunteers for events.
- Create reports related to organisation’s activities.
- Assist in preparing funding proposals and reports.
- Assist in managing relationships and communications with individuals, corporate and government bodies.
- Maintain and update fundraising databases.
- Carrying out administrative tasks including maintaining and updating reporting schedules.
- Write, edit and proofread engaging content in a variety of media, including digital.
- Ensure the company’s digital fundraising communications are up to date, relevant and engaging.
- Support the daily management of the company’s website and social networking, including updating courses and news stories and building relationships with our followers.
- Assist with general Public Relations (PR) for the company.
- To attend staff meetings and training where necessary.
- Adhere to the Health and Safety at work legislation, customer care and company’s policies and procedures.
- To promote the company’s Equal Opportunities policies compatible with the duties of the post.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the post of Fundraising Intern
- Any degree is acceptable for entry into the profession but relevant skills and work experience are more valued.
- Some qualifications may be particularly helpful such as finance, business studies, management, marketing and/or public relations.
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships and NVQ/QCFs framework. And knowledge of teaching/assessment procedures.
- Experience Excellent working knowledge and comprehension of written English, including grammar. 2. Demonstrative proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and Social Networking sites (advanced).3. Demonstrative proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop (Intermediate).4. Research experience.Skills
- Good communication skills, to be able to handle in a confident and professional manner, all types of telephone/face to face contact.
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Good Presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent IT Skills including on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the likes.
Other Specific Qualities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality of opportunity for all.
- Ability to work flexibly to respond to changing priorities. Enthusiastic.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Committed to high standards.
- Committed to supporting students.
- Committed and resilient.
- Enthusiastic and friendly.
- Reliable and organised.
- Open minded and respectful.
- Physical Requirements
- Fit and able to carry out the duties of the post.
- Able to work outside normal hours as may be required to work evenings and weekends.
- Able to travel.
- Driving License and ability to drive.
- Foreign language skills.
- Work placements must be 16 years or over.
- Must be able to provide a clean DBS.