Quality Assurance Officer determine and establish procedures and quality standards and to monitor these against agreed targets.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- determining, negotiating and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications
- assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met
- setting customer service standards
- specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- investigating and setting standards for quality/health and safety
- ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level
- working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- writing management/technical reports and customers’ charters
- determining training needs
- acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality
- directing objectives to maximise profitability
- recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- monitoring performance
- supervising technical or laboratory staff.
A degree or HND in any subject is acceptable.
- Excellent technical skills
- Organisational skills
- Planning skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working skills
- IT skills
- Communication skills.
It is also essential to have good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics.